ME Coral supplements

Anyone using ME Coral for dosing cal, alk, mag? I just received my order yesterday. It mixed really well, cloudy for a few minutes then clear and no unmixed particles in the alk, unlike the brs that I can't ever get mixed completely. I like how the packages are pre measured to mix a gallon of supplement. Any opinions? Anyone else out there tried it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone using ME Coral for dosing cal, alk, mag? I just received my order yesterday. It mixed really well, cloudy for a few minutes then clear and no unmixed particles in the alk, unlike the brs that I can't ever get mixed completely. I like how the packages are pre measured to mix a gallon of supplement. Any opinions? Anyone else out there tried it?

Iv never heard of it! So it carries all 3 elements and you just mix it with rodi water? My only question( if that's how it works) is how can you control all three levels the way you want if they are all in one?

Iv never heard of it! So it carries all 3 elements and you just mix it with rodi water? My only question( if that's how it works) is how can you control all three levels the way you want if they are all in one?

No, it's not all in one. It's all separate. You need 3 dosing heads. They claim it to pharmaceutical grade with tests to back it up. Check out their website. Mecoral.com. My hope is that I will need less then half the supplement I need with brs. I was up to about 175ml of alk and 145ml of cal with my mag at 1450.

Last edited:
No, it's not all in one. It's all separate. You need 3 dosing heads. They claim it to pharmaceutical grade with tests to back it up. Check out their website. Mecoral.com. My hope is that I will need less then half the supplement I need with brs. I was up to about 175ml of alk and 145ml of cal with my mag at 1450.

Kool keep me posted! Just saw the one bag so thought all in one lol I'll check out the website

wickedfish

Do you use warm water when mixing the magnesium and calcium. It helps a lot. Also I would first use a large whisk (7$) then put 3.5 gallons at a time in a sealable 5 gallon jug and literally shake it till I wanted to pass out. Never had problems with it not mixing throughly. But if you do it the lazy way and just mix it with cold RODI and shake it....yep you will have a crappy yield.

johnwin84

Premium Member
Supporter
I won the sample pack in the raffle and also talked to him. I'll mix some up next week

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I talked to Mark and am going to give it a go, what sold me was less impurities and he mixed a batch of alk with room temp Rodi and no crystals formed like when I add Rodi to ESV. It is about the same price for a better grade of material and I hope to show less Lithium in my future Triton tests which comes from impurities in my supplements and salt mix. I also liked the ease of pre measured pouches, but may pay extra for gallon jugs because I am lazy. I was told Age will be carrying in stock soon and that Two Guys and Diablo have been using for some time with good results.

He also was showing off a new Amino he is about to release and a few drops showed a crazy feeding response in a couple different tanks and had a concentrated coral dip similar to Coral RX.

watchguy123

Featured Reef
His supplements sound great although I have not tried them. I use a calcium reactor. His rinse doesn't say if it kills pests. I use Bayer routinely on all new frags on virtually any type of coral. Bayer nonetheless scares me because it is a potent insecticide and has the potential to harm humans, really me mostly. So the thought of using a natural "oleum" like lavender and limon sounds great but its gotta kill pests or atleast make them all drop off the frag and i don't know if it does that or not. I need more info or reassurance.

I want to hear more about his Amino Acid. Aspartic acid may be a magic bullet and i wonder if he has that in his. Pretty amazing feeding response if he just added a few drops and got the corals to respond so quickly. I think I need to place an order when it becomes available

Last edited:
His supplements sound great although I have not tried them. I use a calcium reactor. His rinse doesn't say if it kills pests. I use Bayer routinely on all new frags on virtually any type of coral. Bayer nonetheless scares me because it is a potent insecticide and has the potential to harm humans, really me mostly. So the thought of using a natural "oleum" like lavender and limon sounds great but its gotta kill pests or atleast make them all drop off the frag and i don't know if it does that or not. I need more info or reassurance.

I want to hear more about his Amino Acid. Aspartic acid may be a magic bullet and i wonder if he has that in his. Pretty amazing feeding response if he just added a few drops and got the corals to respond so quickly. I think I need to place an order when it becomes available
I ordered some more supplements on Monday, including some wash off. I think he was going to send me a sample of his aminos to try out...I'm done with reef energy.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Yeah my last batch of mag mix had so much black ash crap at the bottom. I'm gonna give these guys a shot next.