Sick of Green Hair Algae !!!

I have been dealing with green hair algae for about nine months. I have 12 fish I feed once a day alternating between flake and one cube of mysis. I do have 2 radians 70 %, a lot of light. My phosphates are around .03 usually when they go up to .08, I do a 40 gallon water change. I am thinking about putting in a Algae scrubber. Will the algae stop growing in my Display, if it starts growing well on the Scrubber ??? Does GHA Inhibit Coral growth ???

Even with low po4 the gha is basically feeding off of it. You will need to manually prune off as much possible while siphoning it during water change. Maybe add a sea hare? You just need to be very careful and acclimate it slowly.

I have a refugium it does really well. I've added see hare's before but they seem to die pretty quickly I do have a Melaranus wrasse and a Christmas wrasse sometimes I wonder if they kill them, and eat them

My magnificent fox gobbles up gha, plus he's probably one of the most chill fish nobody messes with him and he doesn't bother anyone.

thanks for your suggestions, I'm still wondering if it will grow that's in my display if I put in an algae scrubber and it grows well on that?

Have you tried running any GFO or Phosguard in a reactor to pull phosphates down slowly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFO seemed to work but phosguard seemed to work a lot better for me. I use to fight GHA as well but not anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk