eMac's go around with dosing VLAC

My Tank Build
Well I just got my order of vibrant liquid aquarium cleaner today. I'll try to keep this thread updated with what happened to the green hair and and red turf algaes I'm dealing with in my tank.
I ordered two 16oz bottles to make sure I had enough to fight the problem.

So here's day one full tank shoot

Now here's a few problem areas

Well let's wait and see.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Red turf algae is a tough one to get rid of. Hopefully it'll work

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
make sure you dont over dose. Some including myself experienced cyano bloom in the initial phase of using Vibrant. My tank is cleaner now, but not without some losses. I dose once a week now, was dosing 2 times a week before.

I lost most of my CUC mainly snails. Then had a slight cyano outbreak. Now things are turning for the better but still doing half dosing but twice a week on my tank.

woolleson

As others go slow. Best start at 1x per week for a few then up to 2x if it's not working. It can strip nutriants very quickly and starve corals. So watch your po4 and no3 levels. You may need to dose to keep these up. If they drop to quickly you can get cyano. Most cuc losses are due to their food source being depleted. I love this product and my tank has never been cleaner, but it's not a silver bullet and watch your corals as you dose. Best advice is give it time if you rush and over dose you will get problems

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

My Tank Build
Has anyone dosed vibrant daily? I'm thinking about running vibrant on my dosed and dosing 2ml a day so that I dose 14ml a week.
My tank is a 155 so weekly dosing is right around 15ml a week. I wanna keep my dosing to the once a week level until I see how my tank reacts. Then if I don't see any reduction in the red turf algae in a few weeks I was going to kick it up to 21ml a week. So it would be like a dose and a half a week and last resort would be double dose a week.
But I'm thinking I'm going to try dosing 2ml daily. My skimmer shuts off for 4 hours every night at 8pm. I'm thinking I'll have the doser dose at 8:10pm so that the bacteria has enough time to combine in the water column.

My Tank Build
Well so fare I haven't seen any loss in corals, live stock, or color in sps. The tank has been doing really well actually. I have noticed a slight reduction in RTA but I'm not sure if it's do to the vibrant or to the 130 snails I added last weekend.

I am dosing vibrant daily on a doser. I'm currently dosing 2ml a day.