Daniel's 50g Reef Savvy Cube

I'm having an issue with the water level being too low... :/

I think the issue is that I went with this maggie muffler which is too tall to allow for a higher standpipe.

I am thinking I may swap it out with a durso to see if I can get the level higher. If that doesn't work, I may have to install a barrier to block half the height of the teeth behind the weir (from the inside so it won't be visible in the tank).

That might be the return.
Yep. It's the return.

I've swapped out the muffler now for a durso which made the drain silent and helped to raise the water level some. I think I may have to put some plexi-glass behind the teeth on the overflow to raise the water level some more bc it's still about 2 1/2" below the rim.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
That's probably the best option. Raise the weir to the desired height.
Yep. It's the return.

I've swapped out the muffler now for a durso which made the drain silent and helped to raise the water level some. I think I may have to put some plexi-glass behind the teeth on the overflow to raise the water level some more bc it's still about 2 1/2" below the rim.

So...updating the stock list. :)

The following fish are currently in QT:

- Flame Angel
- Purple Firefish
- Gold Assessor Basslet
- Diamond Goby
- Mystery Wrasse

I have a pair of clowns (1 black ice, 1 snowflake) ready to ship that have already been QT'd by a close friend in PA.

So that will be all of my planned fish stocking for this cube. :D

Yep. It's the return.

Then how about a gate valve on your overflow pipe/ line to fine tune your water level

Unfortunately, the flame angel died in QT. Totally random. He was doing fine this morning, but came home this evening and he's dead. All other fish in QT look fine. No signs of aggression or disease. :-( RIP little dude.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Unfortunately, the flame angel died in QT. Totally random. He was doing fine this morning, but came home this evening and he's dead. All other fish in QT look fine. No signs of aggression or disease. :-( RIP little dude.
Did you have copper in the QT? I had a hard time with them and and copper years ago and came to the conclusion that they are to sensitive to copper.

Did you have copper in the QT? I had a hard time with them and and copper years ago and came to the conclusion that they are to sensitive to copper.
No copper. I'm planning to use tank transfer method instead of copper, but I haven't done the first transfer yet.

Woot! Blocking the lower part of the weir did it! Check this out!

And try not to laugh too hard when you see what I used to do it. :D

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
No shame in that lol. Ur recycling and repurposing. Great for the environment. Haha water height looks perfect

Hey man, didn't know you posted here! This is Tim, the other member of the RAP display tank emergency response team. Looks like it's coming along well, pretty soon you'll be able to put all kinds of Acans and other flubber in there!

Figured i'd throw this up a pic of the Acans I brought home. They'd have looked good in your tank -_-

But seriously, your tank looks like it's coming along well! Also, I totally didn't kill this flubber. I know you lost some sleep over these things coming home with a wannabe elitist SPS keeper :D