Great news everyone, I have AEFW!

jason142

Premium Member
Supporter
The mixture I use for bayer as soon as the acro hits the dip the buggers start to drop right off. After 10 minutes I take each out one by one and give it a very vigorous shake then rinse in water before soaking in tank water. Going to be dipping again on saturday, I will post pictures of the whole procedure I use. Be very careful about getting any in your tank, it is very lethal to fish.

This is great info for everyone that all reefers should read.
Ive been lucky and havent gotten the reef aids. I think this is mainly due to dipping in bayer and checking each frag before sticking it in my tank.

**** that sucks Jesus gl
Thanks. Haven't seen you in awhile.

I dipped half my tank and it wasn't too bad. Probably doing the rest tomorrow. Was actually kind of happy to set up the frag tank, and my son isn't messing around with it as much. If I can keep his hands out of it I might have it up long term and have a qt for once

Now that just brings us back to emac909 little rant. And somewhat proves him wrong, you shouldn't bash others for your own failure to dip and qt the corals regardless who you got it form . Most people don't even know they have them and keep on trading stuff on the forum. I think you should always assume that a piece your getting is infected. Regardless of who you got it from and do your part in QTing rather than trying to play a Russian roulette and complaining when you lose . I've dealt with those buggers too, lost almost half of all my acros , and took me several dips and a lot of tossed acros. But it was my fault for not QTing my stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** good luck with the battle! No glove no love and Id make sure to keep my son away as much as possible while dipping!

jason142

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is my dipping process. At least 10 minutes in each one and they get a quick rinse in the smaller container between the bayer dip and the first soak. It amazing that this is my 4th week dipping and the pieces continue to grow and encrust just proving how less stressful bayer is to many of the other dipping additives

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is my dipping process. At least 10 minutes in each one and they get a quick rinse in the smaller container between the bayer dip and the first soak. It amazing that this is my 4th week dipping and the pieces continue to grow and encrust just proving how less stressful bayer is to many of the other dipping additives
from looking at that first bucket, i can tell I use probably double the amount of bayer you do. I wouldn't have that much visibility. lol

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
How much do you use? I use a 10ml per cup of water.
10ml per 1cup is the recommended amount but i have used very high concentrations with no ill effect. For single frags I use the sparkletts cups which I think are 8oz exact. I have a 10 ml syringe that i fill up completely so I probably use 11ml on say 1/2 cup. I've never had a problem with losing coral. I shake vigorously for about 10 minutes. sometimes i drop it in and start shaking after 5 minutes.

All acros are finally in the frag tank. It's impossible to see anything in the Bayer, do how can I tell when the aefw are gone?

jason142

Premium Member
Supporter
I could be wrong but because bn, stylo, and pocci have different polyp structure that is the reason why AEFW are not found on them. I also believe the tissue is way different. Because acros and other sps that have coralite formations that the polyps extend from there is plenty of tissue inbetween for them to feast on.

Did a dip in melafix today to try to actually see them die but i couldn't find any. Going to keep an eye out for eggs. Are the clusters always big?