Man, I’ve had that rock for like 8y now. It was in my 180g then the 300g, then both the 150g’s, and now the 187g. That structure is actually 3 large rocks that weigh about 100lb in total. There’s an acrylic rod in the middle that holds that structure together. It’s balanced perfectly. If I take the top rock off then the structure will fall over. Luckily in the last 8y the structure never feel over in the tank.
Man, it no where near felt fast for me. It felt like 3 months of blood sweat and tears ok no tears and just a little blood, but buckets and buckets of sweat.
But I guess it was pretty quick I picked up the tank on July 3rd. Then ripped it apart on the 4th. So just a little over a month and a half. I guess that’s not bad.
Already had one issue with lights. Before heading to work yesterday I noticed that the blue and royal blue rails weren’t on. Well I just ended up shutting off the whole rail system and left the radions on. Then when I got home this morning I started doing the troubleshooting. Well a ballast burnt out. Could be a few things. One I’m driving the ballast to hard running 180w of LEDs off a 150w ballast. Two sense the ballast was on the aluminum channeling there wasn’t enough air flow to cool the ballasts and rails off. So I finish the top to the canopy.
Luckily I still had 2 more old radion ballasts so I slapped a new one on and all the rails working again.
I put the cover on and I’ll see how the lights do.
I ended up ordering a new 24v 15a 360w constant current ballast.
I ordered it Thursday night and it arrived in yesterday mail. Got it all wired up and it runs nicely
I know it looks like a hot mess of wires. But it’s all hidden for most part.
Moved the gyres today. I was getting a lot of humming noise from them the way they were mounted on the back wall. So I just moved them to the side. They are still running vertically across the back but the pump is now pushing down on the mount when the pump is full power.