5.56 225 gallon nanoreef

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
Joined
Jun 11, 2013
Messages
3,359
Likes
101
Points
63
Location
Garden Grove
#42
Great arches and caves you have on that side view and I like that lone pillar. Do you have anything in mind for the pillar, as far as coral type and placement?

Great tangs in that shot. Those vlamingi tangs have such unique structure, beast of a fish!
 

five.five-six

Active member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
741
Likes
65
Points
28
Location
Corona Ca
#43
Great arches and caves you have on that side view and I like that lone pillar. Do you have anything in mind for the pillar, as far as coral type and placement?

Great tangs in that shot. Those vlamingi tangs have such unique structure, beast of a fish!

To be honest with you, I’m Kinda afraid to mess up my aquascape with corals growing out lol. I really want to keep that canyon between the pilar and the main structure well defined. Probably mostly encrusting caps and a few acropora.

Really, steve and chuck helped out a lot on the rock structure.
 

EyeReef

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
5,366
Likes
52
Points
48
Location
San Diego
#44
Wow looks awesome! Plenty of SPS real estate


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

five.five-six

Active member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
741
Likes
65
Points
28
Location
Corona Ca
#50
I ran into the same problem as Cody, where to put doseing pumps etc? Today I am replacing my temporary backer board with the pertinent version. It is finished in flexseal so If I need to change things later, the holes can be easily patched.

 

five.five-six

Active member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
741
Likes
65
Points
28
Location
Corona Ca
#52
I did my electronics today.

Fixed this mess.



First I setup a rio 2500 for a return pump and some temp heaters, I knew this was going to take a while.

Then I laid all the equipment out on the backer board and marked out where the holes needed to go.



After that I cut the holes, broke all the edges with sand paper and painted the board and upholstered the front of the board.



Next I mounted all the equipment to the front of the board.




Power supplies were velcro attached to the back of the board.




Made all the connections.




Then secured the board with screws to blocks that I had mounted inside the cabinet earlier.




There's still some touchup left but it's just about there.


Next project is to skin the stand.
 
Top